Health Facts during the Syrian crisis
As in all sectors, the health sector in Syria has been heavily affected, especially in ministry of health which suffered damage to approximately 631 health units between partial and total damage or were not known data because of its security situation during the crisis , in addition of 52 hospitals were exposed to mentioned damage ( 10 fully and 25 partially damage with unknown data of 17 hospitals in 2017 ), as well as the hospitals of Ministry of Higher Education such as Al Kindi Hospital in Aleppo Governorate. in addition of the damage of some pharmaceutical factories in different regions, resulted in out of service or working in alternative locations.
The Government of the Syrian Arab Republic has developed its methodological plans for the rehabilitation of the medical centers and hospitals affected by the crisis due to the global war on Syria in its seventh year, in addition to the provision of medical equipment to ensure the continuation of its works according to the priorities, based on well-considered criteria. And the adoption of emergency reconstruction plans; support the funds of investments plans, as well as plans for international cooperation with friendly countries and relevant international organizations, especially in light of the unilateral economic siege imposed on Syria.
Investment in the health sector for post-crisis in Syria
At the end of the global war on the country, and the return of security, the Government of the Syrian Arab Republic is fully aware of where it is going through the follow-up and preparation of the comprehensive national program for post-crisis Syria, which carries the vision, objectives, aspirations, programs and projects promising for Syria to move qualitatively Relief phase to recovery and recovery , to sustainability in order to achieve the complementary situation in the economic health sector through the process of reconstruction and restoration of infrastructure and the provision of medical equipments necessary for the continuity and sustainability of the health . Which encourages in the next stages for the optimal investments in health economic sector field at all levels, in light of the following:
- The needs to rehabilitate the destroyed health facilities and complete the requirements of performing its work in the best form by providing with the various medical equipment and supplies, especially after the great destruction caused by the crisis.
- The qualitative expansion in the geography of the health sector in most of the governorates of the Syrian Arab Republic and the opening of new centers and hospitals such as :
- General Authority of Shahba Hospital in As-Suwayda Governorate.
- General Authority of Children’s Hospital in Tartous Governorate.
- Damascus Oncology Hospital Project in Damascus Governorate (Doumar Area).
- Project of the physical treatment building and the center of artificial limbs in the Ibn Al-Nafis complex – Damascus Governorate.
- Martyr Dr. Ibrahim Naama Hospital in Lattakia Governorate (Jabla city)
- General assembly of Homs National Hospital in Homs Governorate.
- The increase in the number of health services, which amounted, for example, to more than 53 million services in 2017, provided only by the Ministry of Health in all its facilities
The completion of the rehabilitation of medical facilities, equipped with the best equipment required, the various medical supplies and qualified medical staff to provide with the best medical services, is a major goal of the Syrian government in order to ensure that the health sector in Syria will maintain its reputation and emulate the advanced countries in medical field at all levels and specializations.
Syrian Health Sector Facts:
The health sector in Syria is divided between several sides.
- The Ministry of Health included 1,826 health units as primary health care centers, emergency medical points and specialized medical centers and comprehensive clinics in addition of 98 general hospitals, and general assemblies of hospitals.
- The Ministry of Higher Education with 14 educational hospitals.
- The Ministries of Defense and interior by military medical services (dispensaries and hospitals).
- Community centers, medical clinics and 394 private hospitals. We believe that our reputation in the market with the accumulated experience in the field and the mentioned facts above will be a great combination that we are more than glad to invest it with your requirements, in order to set up a perfect entry wedge for your company to enter the promising Syrian market.